I am quite unaware of what happens on Parliament Hill…
So, I decided to become a little bit more informed…
I went for a Sunday stroll and STUMBLED UPON a Flyer at the Co-op La Maison Verte here in sunny Notre-Dame-de-Grace (Our Lady Grace)…
Allow me to read it aloud…..ahem……:
Imagine a Canada Where…
- voting is worthwhile, because your vote always elects someone
- election results are fair: parties get the number of seats they deserve, equal to their share of the popular vote
- laws are made by MPs who represent the majority of voters
- government is stable, effective and accountable to voters
- Parliament reflects Canada’s diversity
- BUT WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO IMAGINE OUR BASIC DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS? (The pamphlet asks…)
- LET’S DO MORE THAN DREAM:
LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Fair Vote Canada/Representation equitable au Canada
It goes on……………………:
CANADA NEEDS A FAIR AND DEOMCRATIC VOTING SYSTEM NOW!
Most Western democracies abandoned winner-take-all voting last century, replacing it with fair and proportional systems. FAIR VOTE CANADA is a national campaign of citizens from all regions, all walks of life, and all points on the political spectrum. We’re calling for the adoption of fair voting systems, based on voter equality, at all levels of government.
TAKE ACTION! Lobby your MP and MLA/MPP, talk to your friends and neighbours, write to newspapers, call radio shows, and comment on blogs.
To JOIN US or to DONATE, visit www.fairvote.ca or use this form!
I read it and then I threw the flyer away….;)
Nick Gilder – Hot Child In The City
I’m kind of dan-ger-oooooous:* ~ Vaq
Arthur Movie Trailer Official (HD)
‘Paul’ Trailer HD